Friday, January 21, 2011

Booking Through Thursday - Periodically

Booking Through Thursday

Even I read things other than books from time to time … like, Magazines! What magazines/journals do you read?
My two top magazines that I read every edition of, I'd have to say is a finnish teen magazine called Demi and a swedish science magazine called Illustrerad Vetenskap (what can I say, I'm a nerd). Since I don't read any finnish books, I try to uphold my finnish skills by reading Demi (doesn't mean anything, it's just a name). And, as I said, I'm a big nerd and a sucker for chemistry, physics and technology I read Illustrerad Vetenskap (which means illustrated science, lol).

I also a few times a year buy single copies of Vogue US, InStyle UK or Elle UK. I love fashion. But these magazines cost about as much as a paperback book does here in Sweden (about $16. I know, It's crazy) so I try to cut back on these magazines and use the money on books instead.

And I have a bad habit of sometimes taking my dad's computer magazines out of the mail box, reading them and forgetting to return them to him. He he. And the last magazines I have to include in this list is a few news papers. A morning paper called Dagens Nyheter (translation: Today's News. Yeah, the people who founded this paper had a really good imagination), Sweden's edition of Metro and two news papers called Aftonbladet (The evening paper, again, really good imagination) and Expressen (=express)

2 comments:

  1. wow Vogue is so expensive! A single-issue for you is almost the same price as our yearly subscription (in the US) =/

    and now I know my first word in Swedish -- Vetenskap (it is Swedish, right?)

    I love science too, by the way =)
    (biology and physics more than chemistry though lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you answer was really thought. I like U.K glamour better than american one myself but it is expensive.

    ReplyDelete