Saturday, January 22, 2011

Angel - Review

Angel (Angel Trilogy #1
by L.A. Weatherly
Rating: 5/5


Willow knows she's different from other girls. And not just because she loves tinkering around with cars. Willow has a gift. She can look into people's futures, know their dreams, their hopes and their regrets, just by touching them. She has no idea where she gets this power from ..


But Alex does. Gorgeous, mysterious Alex knows Willow's secret and is on a mission to stop her. The dark forces within Willow make her dangerous - and irresistible. In spite of himself, Alex finds he is falling in love with his sworn enemy.


Even though last year was the year of the angels, this was my first angel novel. I just haven't had the interest to read a book about a magical creature and a human who's love is impossible and blah blah blah. So when my mom returned from her trip to London and gave me Angel, I wasn't very excited. It has now been in my to be read pile quite a while, so I thought why not give it a go? I started reading and I read and read. I loved it!

Since I've never read a story about angels before, I barely have anything to compare Angel with. But angels have started moving to our planet and taking it over. They feed on humans' energy auras and leave the human with an Angel Burn. The human is weak and ill, but believing that he has experienced the most incredible moment in his life. People around the world are starting to grow major illnesses, caused by the angels, and worshiping the horrible creatures.

In the middle of all of this we find Willow. She loves cars and lives with her sick mother at her aunt's place. By one touch she can see your memories, dreams and future. But she has no idea why. The assassin Alex has been ordered to kill her, but obviously, they fall in love. And more than that I won't tell you. Because one of the thing I like about Angel is that you don't get to know everything in the beginning. You get a clue at the time and have to wait and see.

Even though this was a pretty huge book, I read it fast and didn't grow tired of it. I was flipping pages and always was eager to read more. I enjoyed Angel much more that I had expected. I thought it would be okay, but it was amazing! A deep love story with a lot of emotions and action. It is a good introduction to a, hopefully, amazing trilogy. Everybody should read this and I can't believe that I have to wait until june to read the sequel, Angel Fire!

No comments:

Post a Comment