Sunday, January 2, 2011

5 good Fantasy series

I've wanted to have some special post thingie here on my blog, so that I don't just post reviews of books. I've been thinking about what I should do, what would be my thing. Many bloggers have weekly memes on their blog. A few examples I've seen are posts about which book covers they love, what books they can't wait to read, books that will be released that week, ask [insert name here]  . So I wanted to come up with my own thing. And I did. I now present you: "5 good"!!

Maybe two times a month or every week I'll do posts telling about five good books or series in a certain genre, by an specific author or that just have something else in common. I haven't found these kind of post , so I hope nobody does them. It feels like everybody are concentrating on new books and new releases, so I wanted to focus on a little older books.

I'm sorry for this long introduction. And I'll now show my five favorite fantasy series.

Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
Of course I have to include the Harry Potter books into this list. They're some of the most awesome books out there, and my first ever book obsession. They've enchanted me, as well as many millions of people around the world. I love everything about these books, the writing is awesome, the characters are really alive, the plots are breathtaking and the setting's literally magical. If you haven't read them , what are you waiting for?!



The Inheritance Cycle by Cristopher Paolini


I love dragons. They're such strong, magical and mysterious creatures. The Eragon books have gotten a lot of crap, but I can't see why. Sure, Brisingr was slow in the beginning, but after a few hundred pages, whoa! I'm waiting for the fourth and last book and hope it to be released soon!


His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman


My absolute favorite fantasy books (after Harry Potter of course). I feel that I really can relate to Lyra. I love the world(s) this story takes place. All of the three books are centered around a thing called dust, and they are wonderfully plotted and developed. And who wouldn't want to have a cute little animal dæmon to have with you all the time?




Septimus Heap by Angie Sage


I think these books are ment for younger children, but I still love them. They're wonderfully written and the magical world is so amazing! I recommend these to everyone, especially fantasy lovers. I know they might seem a little childish (with lots of pictures in them) but they're really good!




Percy Jackson and The Olympians by Rick Riordian

I'm very interested in greek mythology, so I like these books a lot. I've only read the two first books. But I own the third as well and intend to read it as soon as possible. The plots in these books are thrilling and so much happens! It's very fast paced. I remember two battles taking place in the 50 first pages in The Sea of Monsters!

No comments:

Post a Comment