Monday, October 24, 2011

24 hour read-a-thon: What happened?

So yeah, I particiapted in Dewney's 24 hour read-a-thon yesterday/today. And you may notice that I didn't post any updates. That's because my frickin computer decided to die! (I'm typing this at my grandfather's) I know that I could've posted through my iPhone, but it takes a long time, is very annoying and I didn't feel like taking the time and energy to do it. I did update a bit on Twitter though.

And if you follow me on Twitter, you know that I went to bed at 2am (12 hours into the read-a-thon). I'd just finished Looking for Alaska, which was just so brilliant and mindblowing, that I couldn't concentrate on starting a new book. Some books you just have to process for a bit before reading something fresh. So I slept for about seven hours and started reading again at 9am.

I read Diary of a Wimpy Kid in about one hour, and then I started reading Room by Jenna Donoghue. During the last 4 hours of the read-a-thon I read about 250 pages of the book, which was pretty good. The first thing I finished was City of Glass, which was amazing.

So, all in all I read three and a half books. Concidering some breaks and that I slept during the night, I see that as a successful read-a-thon! I had a lot of fun and am hoping to do this sometime again - with a working computer.

3 comments:

  1. I've read so many good things about the Readathon that you guys have inspired me to participate next time! Good for you for doing it!

    ~Amanda~

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a coincidence. Just a couple days ago, some trojan got into the laptop and completely took it over. It's in the shop now, so now I have to use the family desktop. So inconvenient. I feel your pain sista.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Umm wow! Jag har aldrig hört talas om det tidigare men det låter jättehäftigt. Jag är väldigt imponerad över att du läste så många böcker.

    ReplyDelete