Thursday, June 23, 2011

Pottermore!

Well, this was a dissapointment. After a long wait, we got a video from J.K. Rowling telling us about an "unique online reading experience". That's not the dissapointing part. But Pottermore will open to everyone in October?! But on July 31st, one million very lucky fans will get access to a beta version of the page, all they have to do is to "follow the owl" ..



When you go to the Pottermore website, you'll see a background with a owl on a table. Maybe this is the owl you'll have to follow? On the website you can watch the video announcement and submit your email if you want to be notified when you can sign up. (I can't submit my email, when I click on the "submit" button, a round loading picture replaces the button but nothing happens) In the right corner there's also some information about the page.



Now, if you go to the bottom of the page, you can access Privacy Policy and Terms and Conditions pages. Since I'm dying on getting more information bout this mysterical announcement, I read them through. On the Terms and Conditions page, Pottermore was described like this:


I would lie if I said that I still wasn't excited for this. I'm looking forward to this website and towards getting more information. Although I'm a bit dissapointed that there's going to be more waiting .. And what's this "find out if they're magical" thing? What if there's a sorting hat test when you sign up or something .. ( update: Click the link in the 2nd update, read the article!) Which could be true, since I've found this picture. Have no idea if it's official, but it looks like the "gate" made of paper that opens in the video .. (click on the picture to see a larger version)


Update: I found more of these "teaser images". I have no idea if they're official. Click here to see more images.

Update2: This article sums up about everything that there right now is to know about the website.

1 comment:

  1. I've heard a few others say they couldn't get their e-mail in either. I've tried with no success. This isn't exactly the announcement I was expecting...

    ReplyDelete