Tuesday, March 8, 2011

3 Good Huge Books

I love huge books! (If the book isn't really bad, but that doesn't happen so often). With long books you don't have to let go of the characters, the places or the story as fast as with a shorter book. I know that a lot of people don't like big books, but I think if you just find the perfect book you can get through the +500 pages. So I thought I should give you guys some tips on big books that I really, really like.

The Host by Stephenie Meyer

Any dystropia/science-fiction fans here? I know there are! Yes it is an adult novel and yes it's over 600 pages long, but if a 12 year old Olivia who only had read like five books in english could get through it, you can as well. And if you don't like Twilight, don't worry, read this despite that. I know people who hate Twilight and love this one.

This Is All: The Pillow Book of Cordelia Kenn by Aidan Chambers

I love, love, love this one! Cordelia writes a diary to give to her not yet born daughter, telling her about Cordelia's teenager years. I read this 800 paged book in not even two days. I couldn't put it down! It's funny, sad, crazy and just amazing. It's a book I think that everyone should read.

The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak

This is another book that I love, love, love. To be honest I love, love, love all of the books on this list. But the Book Thief is the one I love, love, love the most. If I had to describe it in one word it would be: beautiful. It really is. The language, the story, the characters. This is a book that I very often just take from my shelf and randomly read a few pages. Because I can't reread it all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment