Sunday, January 23, 2011

Awakened - Review

Awakened (House of Night #8)
by P.C. and Kristin Cast
Rating: 5/5
www.houseofnightseries.co.uk 

This review might include spoilers if you haven't read the first books in the House of Night series. Read at your own risk.

"Zoey lives."
Neferet's voice was flat, cold, lifeless.
"She does. What will happen next?"
"It's quite simple. I will ensure Zoey is drawn back to Oklahoma. There, on my own terms, I will complete the task you failed."


Exonerated by the Vampyre High Council and returned to her position of High Priestess at Tulsa's House of Night, Neferet has sworn vengeance on Zoey. But Zoey has found sanctuary on the Isle of Skye and is being groomed by Queen Sgiach to take over for her there. Being queen would be cool, wouldn't it?


And what about Stevie Rae and Rephaim? The Raven Mocker refuses to be used against Stevie Rea, but what choice does he have when no one in the entire world, including Zoey, would be okay with their relationship? Does he betray his father or his heart?


It was a long time ago that I cried this much wile reading a book. Which is weird, because Awakened isn't a very sad book. Or, it's sad, but no depressed, horrible book about a person who's struggling with her miserable life and just wants to kill herself. So why did I cry so much? Because one of my favorite characters died in the first part of the book. It was awful! I started cry in the middle of the school cafeteria and couldn't concentrate on reading after that. Every time they mentioned the death in the rest of the book, I started weeping. I'm happy I read the major part of it at home.

So you obviously become attached to the characters. They're incredibly well developed (I know that that's a really worn out word in book reviews, but it describes it so well!) and everybody are so different! They have strong personalities and are just awesome. I love everyone of them and wouldn't want anything bad happen to them (except for Neferet, she's an evil bitch who can go to hell.)

The writing in Awakened isn't some beautiful poem like word magic, but something that really goes on in a teenagers head. It's really "teen like". It's good that P.C. took her daughter Kristin to help her to write the House of Night series. And OMG they mentioned True Blood and Glee in it!! (Which are to of my favorite tv-shows). Just had to tell you that.

1 comment: