Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas reading

For me christmas means reading. Of course it also means family, gifts, santa and all those other things as well. But during christmas I read a lot. It is just that amazing feeling of sitting with a book in a house decorated for christmas, everyone happily running around and you are just filled with the whole christmas spirit. There is no better time to read a good book, especially now when you're on your christmas break and don't have to think about school! This is my list of some books that I'm hoping to read this christmas:

Paper Towns by John Green
I recently read Looking for Alaska and am in love with John Green's writing. It feel horrible for not having read all of his books, so I'm trying to read through them all.

The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson
I got this book at a book blogger meet up and instantly fell in love with the amazing cover. When I then read the synopsis of it, I got even more eager to read it. Because I have no idea of what it is about. It feels like a mix of fantasy, romance, historical and some wonderful writing, so I'm really excited to see what it brings.

1984 by George Orwell
I love dystopians and I've heard that this is one of the best (and first!) dystopians out there. So of course I have been dying to read it. And when I found a nice copy at a second-hand market for only 10kr (about 1,5 dollars or 1 pound) and didn't even think twice about buying it.

Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
I still need to read two more books to finish the Debut Author Challenge, and this is one of the two I'm hoping to read. I'm usually not a big fan of paranormal romances, but I've heard that this one is supposed to be really good.


No comments:

Post a Comment