Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Armchair BEA: Best books of 2011

I love this topic! I've read a lot of amazing book that I've been waiting to gush a little more about. So this list might be a bit long, I've warned you.

Since this year is the year of dystopians, I've read a lot of those. I discovered a truly amazing dystopian book series, Gone by Micheal Grant. (My review of Gone, Hunger and Lies.) I love Grant's writing and characters! This year I've also read and loved Enclave by Ann Aguirre, Parasite Positive (aka Peeps) and Specials by Scott Westerfeld.

I picked up Anna and the French Kiss this year after hearing a lot of reviewers raving about this book. And I totally adored it. Another awesome contemporary novel I read this year is Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan. So frickin good! Probably the very best book I've read this year.

One paranormal romance that I read this year is Angel (Angel Burn in the US) by L.A. Weatherly. I couldn't tear away from that book. I totally love the House of Night series and read the 8th book, Awakened, this January. And gosh, it was so sad! I'll have to end this list with Beautiful Creatures. It was a truly beautiful and heartbreaking story.

10 comments:

  1. Love your list, Michael Grant's dystopian series is on my reading pile as is Anna and the French Kiss. Will have to check out Will Grayson, Will Grayson since it's the best for 2011 - high praise. Thanks for sharing.

    Check out my faves
    http://teddyree-theeclecticreader.blogspot.com/2011/05/armchair-bea-giveaway-best-of-2011-so.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Anna and the French Kiss and Will Grayon, Will Grayson! They both are fantastic books!
    Armchair BEA: Best Books of 2011(so far)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Anna and the FK. WG, WG was excellent too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've either read all of these or have them on my TBR!!
    My Best of 2011 List

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love dystopians. I'll have to check out that series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dystopians have been my best genre to read this year. I want to read Enclave next month. So, it's good to see it on the Best Book list. Hope you enjoy the Armchair BEA. Nice to have new blogs to follow. Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Will Grayson, Will Grayson is on my wishlist.

    In 2009 I decided to step away reviewing for publishers and publicists. I felt like I was losing my focus and drifting from my mission statement of sharing the joys of reading. Call it taking a librarian's approach to blogging. Come see what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a new follower, thanks to Armchair BEA. Great list; I've added Enclave to my TBR list!

    http://thebookelement.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping into Book Strings. I love John Green's books and WG, WG did not disappoint. Happy ABEA and Reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for dropping by my blog and saying hello! I'm a new follower now, I loved Let Me In, I think you;ll like it when you read it! One of my best blogger buddies is from Sweden too! She's at kindle fever
    I really love your header, it's really cool.

    April @ My Shelf Confessions

    ReplyDelete