Sunday, January 16, 2011

Booking Through Thursday - Firsts

 Booking Through Thursday


Do you remember the first book you bought for yourself? Or the first book you checked out of the library? What was it and why did you choose it?
 So, the first book I bought .. I really can't remember this. I know that I very often went book shopping with my grandma when I was about eight, but I really don't remember which the first book I bought was. And I can't remember which book was the first one I borrowed from the library.

Sooo, I'll talk about the first books I read and bought in english! (cause no, I haven't read english books ever since I started reading. I didn't even talk english when I started reading.) I think I started reading english books seriously about one and a half years ago. Before that I had read a couple of MG books just to try to prove to everyone that I could if I wanted to. But I preferred reading in swedish.

The spring of 2009 I read Twilight and fell in love. One of my parents best friends had them in english so he gave them to me when he heard that I liked them. And I reread them in english. That was when I discovered that I could read in english, that it wasn't hard at all. So when we were in Italy a few months later (and I had finished all the books I had with me from Sweden) I went into a bookshop to buy more books. And what do I find there, if not Stephenie Meyer's new book, the Host?! I flipped out. I loved Twilight, but wasn't involved in book communities the way I am now and just assumed that she hadn't written more that the Twilight series. So I bought it. And that's the first book I bought in english.

No comments:

Post a Comment